Senior ICT Officer/Systems Administrator
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Remuneration starting at $84,891 plus Super
- Perm full time
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
Our busy ICT environment, requires a good team player who is looking for their next challenge.
The team has many exciting projects on the go to improve Council’s systems and processes.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage the operation and development of the information communications technology network infrastructure, supporting server systems and other ICT infrastructure, including communications, to enable the organisations support service and business systems to operate effectively. This includes both on premise and cloud/internet based infrastructure and applications;
- Provide input into and assist with preparation of policies, procedures, specifications and plans relating to the implementation, operation and development of the information technology environment to ensure it is used effectively and that it meets the organisations needs into the future;
- Ensure the security, integrity and efficiency - of Council’s network and communications is maintained either on premise or cloud/internet based;
- Deliver effective outcomes in line with the goals and objectives outlined in Council's ICT Strategic Plan;
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers to ensure that adequate assistance is available to complement internally delivered services and that Council’s best interests are maintained;
- Undertake a program of performance and security monitoring and continual improvement to ensure that system manageability, capacity and availability is provided;
- Ensure the information technology service desk is managed and operates effectively to assist in the provision of quality customer service;
- Provide a high level of user support through the provision of incident and problem management so that staff can make effective use of systems and equipment;
- Maintain and improve the organisations desktop computer environment to ensure systems operate effectively and remain secure;
- Ensure Council compliance with software licensing requirements to reduce the risk of liability from illegal software.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be an enthusiastic ICT professional with strong technical skills and an interest in continuous improvement. You will enjoy working in a collaborative team and be comfortable turning your hand to a diverse range of tasks as well as providing technical mentoring to staff.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Experience in the use of PCs, operating systems, applications, network and communication technologies;
- Proven ability in the installation and configuration of telephony equipment, personal computers, notebooks and common peripherals;
- Skills in the provision of Information Technology services, which includes an understanding of the underlying principles involved as distinct from the practices;
- Knowledge of the components that make up a computer network, both physical and virtual, including but not limited to operating systems, desktop applications, network infrastructure, peripherals, server applications, security systems and Cloud technologies;
- Knowledge in the management, maintenance and administration of security technologies and processes;
- Good working knowledge of the Microsoft 365 ecosystem and management of the Microsoft 365 platform.
Ideally, you will be someone who brings diverse life experience and a genuine passion for what you do.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Take a monthly RDO (19 day month);
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria. A copy of the Position Description for this position can be found here.
For more information, you can contact Carolynne Roberts, Information Systems Team Leader, on (03) 5220 7123.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 8 March 2021 at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.