Maternal and Child Health Nurses
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Casual opportunities
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Maternal and Child Health Team for casual opportunities.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Provide a flexible Maternal and Child Health service which is inclusive, culturally safe, celebrates and responds to diversity in children, families, and carers;
- Delivery of an evidence based high quality service for all children and families from birth to 6 years of age, as per Maternal Child Health Key Ages and Stages Framework;
- Participate in the Maternal and Child Health Service in a manner which ensures high standards of customer service delivery in response to community needs and expectations;
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate, experienced Maternal & Child Health Nurse who has:
- MCH nurse as defined in the MCH Service Guidelines and holds current registration with AHPRA as:
- a Registered Nurse (Division 1);
- a Registered Midwife, and
- in addition to the above, holds an accredited postgraduate degree/diploma (or equivalent) in maternal and child health nursing;
- If qualified interstate; has completed requirements to practice as an MCH nurse in Victoria;
- Current Working with Children Check;
- Experience working as a Maternal & Child Health Nurse in both the Universal and Enhanced MCH Service and current knowledge regarding the revised EMCH framework;
- Prior experience in services provision to rural communities is desirable;
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Make the most of professional development opportunities;
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Georgia Richards, Coordinator Maternal and Child Health Services on 03 5220 7218
A copy of the position description for this role can be found here
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 8 March 2021 at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.