- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Remuneration starting at $80,691 plus superannuation
- Permanent Full time Position
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exceptional opportunity to join our Planning team, who work with, and on behalf of, the community to prepare plans and strategies that deliver on Council’s vision of being a healthy, safe, vibrant, prosperous and sustainable community.
The team is working on some exciting projects, including the Northern Settlement Strategy, a number of small town structure plans, and is also working to promote and support sustainable community development.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Contribute to the development of the Golden Plains Planning Scheme in support of Council’s vision for future land use and development;
- Coordinate and manage planning scheme amendments;
- Prepare and deliver a range of strategic plans, studies, guidelines and policies;
- Coordinate consultation regarding planning issues and proposed policy or development projects;
- Develop positive relationships with clients and the community to assist in the outcomes of strategic planning initiatives; and
- Prepare and mange project briefs and oversee project consultancies.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a switched on Strategic Planner looking for their next challenge. You will enjoy working in a collaborative team and be comfortable liaising with members of the community on a range of matters.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- Strong stakeholder management skills with the ability to facilitate community engagement sessions;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to liaise with a broad range of people; and
- Ideally, you will be someone who brings diverse life experience and a genuine passion for what you do.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Take a monthly RDO (19 day month);
- Choose to salary sacrifice childcare fees at the Council operated Bannockburn Children’s Service.
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Laura Wilks, Strategic Planning Team Leader, on (03) 5220 7271.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 18 June at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.