Coordinator Maternal and Child Health Service
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Lead a dynamic team to help shape the future of a growing community
- Part Time - 16 hours per week
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your experience and skills to an enthusiastic and committed Team. This is a part time role, working 16 hours per week. We are happy to consider either a permanent or 12 months fixed term arrangement.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage delivery of Enhanced and Universal Child Health
- Ensure high quality family centred service through the implementation of the key age and stage framework
- Plan and implement Family Support programs
- Ensure the monitoring of childhood development through the provision of home and centre based consultations at recommended intervals.
- Support, counsel, educate and advice to parents of children 0-6 years of age
- Management and leadership to the Maternal and Child Health Team
- Development and management of productive professional relationships with relevant Council staff, external agencies and tertiary institutions
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly motivated and passionate Maternal and Child Health professional.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications;
- Demonstrated experience in a similar role;
- The ability to provide leadership, advice and support within a team of professional peers;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to liaise with a broad range of people; and
- Ideally, you will be someone who brings diverse life experience and a genuine passion for what you do.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Heidi Preston, Manager Child & Family Services on 5220 7153.
Applications close 9.00 am Monday 26 October 2020
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.