Community Services Administration Officer
Exceptional opportunity for an experienced Administration Officer to join a values driven organisation and collaborative team.
- Permanent full time position
- Great starting salary at $63K plus superannuation
- Be part of an awesome team and culture
About the role
An exciting opportunity currently awaits for an enthusiastic and experienced Administration Officer to join our team at the Golden Plains Shire Council. Reporting to the Manager Community and Council Planning, you will provide project and administrative support to the Community and Council Planning Team to assist in the delivery of community services and corporate objectives. The Administration Officer will deliver and support excellent customer service, information and assistance to residents, clients and volunteers connected to the Community Services Division
Key responsibilities include:-
- Reporting to the Manager Community and Council Planning, provide project and administrative support to the Team to assist in the delivery of corporate objectives, strategies and plans.
- Contribute to the development of policies, plans and projects through research and data collection.
- Provide excellent customer service, information and assistance to residents, clients and volunteers connected to the Community Services Division.
You will be exceptional at customer service and be comfortable in working in a fast paced environment. You will possess excellent interpersonal and administration capabilities, and have a flexible and adaptable approach to your work.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Well-developed administrative and project management skills.
- An understanding of technology, procedures and processes required for executive support.
- The ability to produce documents with accuracy including drafting reports and correspondence.
- The ability to understand and apply Council policies, external policies and standard operating procedures together with an appreciation of precedents in decision making.
- Well-developed knowledge of Windows based databases and applications for the production of a wide range of documents.
- Proficient use of financial software systems, raising and processing purchase orders and purchase card systems
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We a values driven organisation and you will work in a fantastic and collaborative team. Our Vision and Values are listed below.
We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking. The work will be interesting and rewarding and you will enjoy:
- working within a culture that promotes a healthy work life balance;
- a friendly and supportive team where you will be recognised and rewarded;
- opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression; and
- a competitive remuneration.
Interested in Applying for this role?
Candidates must provide a response to the Key Selection Criteria listed below and include a cover letter and CV to complete your application. For more information, you can contact Ben Jordan, Manager Community & Council Planning. A copy of the position description can be found here.
Applications close 9.00 am Monday 8 March 2021.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.