Customer Service Officer - Smythesdale
- Based out of our Smythesdale Customer Service Centre
- Remuneration starting at $63,581 plus Super (pro-rata for part time)
- Permanent part time position - working 8.30am - 5pm each Friday
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Customer Service team to provide excellence in Customer Service and work towards Council’s vision of being a healthy, safe, vibrant, prosperous and sustainable community. This permanent part time position is for 7.75 hours per week to be worked every Friday, with the opportunity to pick up other shifts from time to time. This role will be based out of Smythesdale, but will also have the requirement to work out of our Bannockburn Customer Service Centre if required.
Day-to-day, you will:
- To ensure the highest level of customer experience through servicing residents, ratepayers and stakeholders in a professional, courteous and efficient manner.
- To provide accurate information and resolve customer enquiries through an omni channel experience whilst upholding our Customer Service values and strategy.
- To help drive first contact resolution and increase customer satisfaction across the shire.
- To lead the Customer Service space in our Smythesdale office ensuring service standard and performance objectives are achieved.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a passionate Customer Service Officer looking for their next challenge. You will enjoy working in a collaborative team and be comfortable liaising with members of the community on a range of matters.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- A proven commitment in providing excellent customer service and a "can do" attitude in a busy office and service environment;
- Skills in conflict resolution and exemplifies personal drive, integrity and resilience under difficult circumstances;
- Well develop computer literacy and keyboard skills, including experience in using Microsoft Software packages;
- Experience in handling and receipting money; and
- High quality verbal communication skills.
- have a strong work ethic and ability to work autonomously without supervision in an isolated environment. This requires strong written and verbal communication skills and an ability to use email as a main communication technique.
- Ideally, you will be someone who brings diverse life experience and a genuine passion for what you do.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Emma Whitelaw Senior Customer Service Officer, (03) 5220 7312
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered.
Applications close Friday 9 April 2021 at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.