Community Care Workers
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Join a dynamic team to help shape the future of a growing community
- Casual and Fixed Term part time positions available
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to bring your experience and skills to an enthusiastic and committed Team. We have several casual opportunities available, and one fixed term, part time position for minimum 25 hours per week until June 2022.
Day-to-day, you will :
- To enable persons, who are frail, aged and/or disabled (as well as their carers) to maintain quality of life by assisting with or performing home and community care duties and providing support;
- A holistic person-centred approach to care, which promotes wellness & re-ablement and active participation in goal setting, decision making and choice;
- Promote and deliver timely and flexible services that respond to a person’s goals, needs and circumstances;
- Deliver high quality services underpinned by the Aged Care Quality Standards;
- Respond to cultural and diverse needs with respectful inclusive approach.
This is a real opportunity to help shape the future of a growing community.
To be successful in this role, you will be a highly motivated and passionate Community Care professional who has a commitment to assisting people to live independently at home for longer.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- Provide or assist consumers with domestic tasks such as cleaning, cooking, transport, washing, ironing, vacuuming, meal planning, meal preparation and assisting with purchase of groceries etc;
- As required, assist in the personal care of consumers such as showering, dressing, assistance with self care, monitoring of medication etc;
- Provide in home respite for carers of Home and Community Care consumers. This may include after hours on weekdays and weekend care as required;
- Work to plan for each consumer under the direction of the Active Ageing & Inclusion Service Provision Officer;
- Monitor the well-being of consumers and report to the Active Ageing & Inclusion Service Provision Officer;
- Communicate with the Active Ageing & Inclusion Service Provision Officer as to ways in which service delivery effectiveness and efficiency can be improved;
- Other duties within the scope of the employee’s skills, competence and training as directed;
- Complete accurate timesheets on a fortnightly basis;
- Comply with National, State and Local standards or guidelines pertaining to the delivery of home & community care services.
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
Contribute to a broad scope of work;
Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria. Please state in your cover letter which position you are interested in, i.e. casual or 25 hours per week.
For more information, you can contact Melanie Linguey, Service Provision Officer on (03) 5220 7267.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 19 April 2021 at 9.00 am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.